Knowledgebase article 1
myUFV: Logging into the portal
Browse to my.ufv.ca using your internet to go to myUFV portal.
What is my password?
Your password is minimum of 10 characters and contains a combination of lower and upper case letters, numbers, and special characters.
How do I log into myUFV for the first time?
To log into myUFV for the first time, you must create your password. Go to password.ufv.ca and follow on screen instruction to finalize your password creation.
How do I change my password?
· Log in myUFV with your current password.
· Locate and click on the Help Center Tab to change the password.
What if I can’t remember my password ?
If you have web access at a computer, you can reset your password using the self-serve password reset site at password.ufv.ca:
- Go to the UFV password reset site (password.ufv.ca).
- Enter your student number into the site and click next. This will take you to a new webpage; do not close your browser at this step.
- An email containing a security code will be sent to the personal email address you have registered with the University of the Fraser Valley.
- Use this security code to reset your password on the open browser page and click next.
- You should now see a message stating that your password was reset.
I have received “Authentication failed, try again! “ error message when I try to login myUFV
There could be several reasons for this message:
- Wrong student or employee number
- Incorrect password
- Your account has been disabled account due to security issue
- Your account has been locked for 5 minutes after you have made 5 attempts to login with the wrong password
Please wait 5 minutes and try the logon again. If it still does not work, please visit password.ufv.ca to reset your password
- IT Service Desk
- Dec 10, 2018